Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Link-up: Sick Day


I've been at home sick today, drinking copious amounts of tea, and wishing I was wearing cosy Penny Sage knits. A teal mohair jumper from a Kilbirnie op shop will have to do for now.

I've been catching up on some writing, reading What is Literature? in bed, and bopping along to the new Katy Perry single (the tempo of which is at odds with the fog in my head, but who am I to say no to the considerable virtuosity of Dr. Luke and Max Martin?).

I've been reading about the Confidence Gap, identifying with a lot of it (definitely too much of it) and vowing to stop telling everyone I am "lucky" to have my job, and instead allowing myself some credit for the hard work that it took to get it. I read about being #blessed, why We Need More Alter Egos Now More Than Ever, and comparing a Rihanna meet and greet with an Avril meet and greet.

I loved the energy of this shoot for adidas on Charta Magazine.

I somehow managed to coincide my sickness with the day of the Met Ball, where Lupita, Janelle, Gabrielle, Karen, Suki and Kristen were my personal favourites. I would have liked to see Lorde there!

No comments:

Post a Comment