Sunday, February 1, 2015

call your girlfriend



Over the past few weeks I have found myself saying "ugh" and "woof" more often, and it's because I have been catching up on episodes of Call Your Girlfriend, the podcast of Ann Friedman and Aminatou Sow. I tend to do that: adopt the vernacular of the people I spend intense spells of time with, or pop culture I overindulge in. There was also one time when I adopted a slight Southern twang after binge watching True Blood. Ugh!

Anyway, I digress. Call Your Girlfriend is the podcast for "long-distance besties everywhere", where IRL long-distance besties Ann (a killer pop culture and feminist writer) and Aminatou (named as one of Forbes' 30 Under 30 in the tech sector, nbd) discuss everything from Ruth Bader Ginsberg (Notorious RBG), Kanye West, Shine Theory (SO important - look it up) and dish out some pretty solid real talk on things like friendship breakups, wedding season, navigating the workplace as a woman and most importantly, this week's Menstruation News.

Listening to each episode feels like eavesdropping on a conversation between two super smart and hilarious friends, who clearly are having these kinds of discussions even when the microphone isn't on. AND they're named after a Robyn song, and if that's not an indication of greatness, I don't know what is.




Call Your Girlfriend on BlogTalkRadio

No comments:

Post a Comment